Almost four weeks after the release of Playground 1.0 and tons of hours of work later we are happy to announce the launch of playground 2.0
You can find it here: http://media.reviewsforjoomla.com
Some of the most important changes in this new iteration:
* Completely re-worked the media upload screen. Added progress indicators for uploads and an upload complete indicator so users know they can leave the page if they wish to do that.
* Finished the presentation layouts for videos and photos. You now have the option of displaying photos and videos in the following ways: in-page gallery in detail page, lightbox in detail page and in separate gallery pages. You can mix and combine these layouts in your different listing types. In the playground site the categories in three first menus at the top are now configured differently so you can see how each presentation option works.
* Added a new ordering option for listing media called "ordering" and the ability for listing owners to re-order media via drag & drop in the Media Manage page.
* Added popup tooltips for media to be able to display more information without crowing the page. This includes the media module and we extended it to the listing thumbview layout to display the listings summary.
* Listing inquiries are now recorded to the database and can be browsed from the admin side via a new Browse Inquiries menu. Also converted the listing inquiry popup to a jQuery dialog to make it consistent with the rest of the site popup forms.
* New Listing Types setting to allow you to hide listing types form the advanced search page dropdown list.
* New auto-registration feature for guests (optional). While making a submission guests can choose a username and an account will be automatically created for them and a password sent to their email. This allows guests to take ownership of their submissions later on if they wish to do that.
* Major overhaul of the JReviews theme including brand new icons.