April 15, 2014, 11:25:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

FORUM POSTING GUIDELINES - Please read and follow them.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Featured Listing Module, How to Remove Rating  (Read 714 times)
jonathan Nguyen

« on: April 06, 2010, 05:12:38 PM »

Is there a way to turn off rating display in the Featured Listing module? I have several featured listings that have no rating and it looks silly plus takes a lot of space to have two lines (user / editor) dedicated to a rating that isn't there.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 07:34:18 PM by jonathan Nguyen » Logged
Alejandro
Global Moderator
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 08:03:00 PM »

Create a theme suffix for it and edit the theme to remove the ratings.

http://www.reviewsforjoomla.com/testimonials Leave a testimonial for JReviews
jonathan Nguyen

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 11:22:40 AM »

Can you give me more detail on how to do this? Kinna new to this.  Grin Thanks
Kristian
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 12:43:45 PM »

Can you give me more detail on how to do this? Kinna new to this.  Grin Thanks

Create a copy of the listing module theme file:
\views\themes\default\modules\listings.thtml

Rename the copy to listings_norating.thtml

Edit listings_norating.thtml and remove the code that outputs ratings:
Code:
<?php if ( $listing['Criteria']['state'] == ):?>
   <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" class="rating_table">
<?php if($this->Config->author_review && Sanitize::getString($listing['Listing'],'extension')=='com_content'): // Only for core articles:?>
<tr>
<td class="rating_label"><?php echo $Html->image($this->viewImages.'review_editor.png',array('width'=>14,'height'=>14,'title'=>__t("Editor rating",true),'alt'=>__t("Editor rating",true)));?></td>
<td class="rating_stars" title="<?php __t("Editor rating");?>" style="cursor:help;"><?php echo $Rating->drawStars($listing['Review']['editor_rating'], $this->Config->rating_scale$this->Config->rating_graph'editor');?></td>
<td class="rating_value"><?php echo $Rating->round($listing['Review']['editor_rating'],$this->Config->rating_scale);?><?php if ( $listing['Review']['editor_rating_count'] > ) echo ' (',$listing['Review']['editor_rating_count'],')';?></td>
</tr>
<?php endif;?>
<?php if($this->Config->user_reviews):?>
<tr>
<td class="rating_label"><?php echo $Html->image($this->viewImages.'review_user.png',array('width'=>14,'height'=>14,'title'=>__t("User rating",true),'alt'=>__t("User rating",true)));?></td>
<td class="rating_stars" title="<?php __t("User rating");?>" style="cursor:help;"><?php echo $Rating->drawStars($listing['Review']['user_rating'], $this->Config->rating_scale$this->Config->rating_graph'user');?></td>
<td class="rating_value"><?php echo $Rating->round($listing['Review']['user_rating'],$this->Config->rating_scale);?> (<span style="cursor:help;" title="<?php __t("User reviews");?>"><?php echo (int) $listing['Review']['user_rating_count'];?></span>)</td>
</tr>
<?php endif;?>
   </table>
<?php endif; ?>

Next, clear the File Registry in JReviews administration

In the module's preferences add a suffix "_norating" into "Theme Suffix" input, so that this module uses a new file.

That is all Smiley
jonathan Nguyen

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 01:06:31 PM »

Thank you Kristian, very well walk-though and got what I wanted. thanks for great support.
KLP29

As you pray, move your feet!

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 06:30:05 AM »

Great! This saved my day! I didn't know that you could have different formatting of modules this way !! Smiley

:] Kind regards

Kenneth WedMore Lund

Living Smart TV
Alex G

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 12:57:52 PM »

Also want to remove editors rating and tried to repeat these steps, but where is'nt such code in listings.thtml any more, what else can we do?
Alejandro
Global Moderator
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 02:10:22 PM »

The latest version of the listings module has settings to hide user and editor ratings.

Alex G

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 03:08:25 AM »

I mean editor rating in listing module, i haven't found it in configuration settings
Kristian
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 03:47:09 AM »

I mean editor rating in listing module, i haven't found it in configuration settings

When you open the Listings Module in Module Manager, you should see "Show Editor Rating" and "Show User Rating" parameters:
http://screencast.com/t/TSNhmjX7o

If you don't see those parameters, download the latest JReviews package from the client area and install the listings module again (/modules/mod_jreviews_listings.zip). It is not necessary to uninstall the old version.

Also, make sure you use the latest theme file of the listings module.
Alex G

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 09:50:13 AM »

thanks for reply, i'm use Joomla 3.0 and jreview v2.4.7.0, but i've haven't such option in listing module

http://www.screencast.com/t/GxWzlksHP9
Alejandro
Global Moderator
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 10:22:26 AM »

Download the package from the client area, unzip it, find the module in the /modules folder and install it again.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: